Terra Nova

Terra Nova
New Ground For Your Spiritual Journey

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Philippians 1:20-26

20 For I fully expect and hope that I will never be ashamed, but that I will continue to be bold for Christ, as I have been in the past. And I trust that my life will bring honor to Christ, whether I live or die.21 For to me, living means living for Christ, and dying is even better.22 But if I live, I can do more fruitful work for Christ. So I really don't know which is better.23 I'm torn between two desires: I long to go and be with Christ, which would be far better for me.24 But for your sakes, it is better that I continue to live.   25 Knowing this, I am convinced that I will remain alive so I can continue to help all of you grow and experience the joy of your faith.26 And when I come to you again, you will have even more reason to take pride in Christ Jesus because of what he is doing through me.
 This passage almost always gets me thinking!  Can I honestly say that for me, TO LIVE MEANS LIVING FOR CHRIST, BUT DYING IS EVEN BETTER?  Really?  Is my concept of being with Christ so palpable that I can almost taste it?  Am I living my life with so much faith that death is even in the realm of possibility due to my living out the Gospel each day?

One issue that I find myself working through as I read this passage today is this: do I believe that God is actually using my life to "continue to help all of you grow and experience the joy of your faith"? 

What questions does the passage evoke in you?

Under the Mercy,
Jason

Suggested Resources:

No comments: